Followers

Thursday 12 January 2017

TIME OUT Challenges Reminder!


Hi friends!
I'm here to remind you of our current theme challenge at TIME OUT:

Winter 
with the Optional Twist of
White on White

If you twist along with us you could win a 15 £ voucher from Uniko. Do not hesitate to play along! More DT inspiration in our challenge blog! This time our GD is the fabulous Claire whose style is just wonderful and varies from CAS to more detailed makes with great coloring. 

I decided not to twist this time because of my new STAMPlorations CUTplorations tag dies that I wanted to use... I did some ombre sponging with my fave DI colors and after that stamped some "snow" to the tag with white pigment ink and a Marianne Design bg stamp as well. The white card base is dry embossed with a snowflake-folder and I've also used my die cut machine for the MFT thanks-word. Love this die! The Lawn Fawn snowman, colored in with Copics and white gel pen and die cut, finishes of this simple card. 

It always makes me happy when I end up with a simple looking card that needed quite a lot of effort... I'm funny that way! :) It's hard to define CAS sometimes and this definitely is on the edge of not CAS... But I think the overall look is still clean and simple and nothing is really super busy when you look at the card. To my eye at least. ;)

I hope to see you playing along at TIME OUT!

I'm entering:


(stamping, sponging, die cutting, Copic coloring, dry embossing)













15 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful background! The snowman is super cute!!

sandie said...

I love this sponging and I know this would have taken ages to make...it will have taken me ages anyway, looks stunning x

*Vicki* said...

EEP!! This is just too stinkin' CUTE Nonni!! :) I adore that wee little snowman and your tag colors are really awesome!! So happy to see you playing along with us at STAMPlorations CAS my friend!! HUGS

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh I'm loving your combo of colours here Nonni, so beautiful and teamed with the little cute too makes a stunning Winter-style card. thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

Claire said...

Definitely a CAS card Nonni - CAS cards always seem to take me the longest! Yours is so sweet..love the DI background!

Marina said...

Love the combo of shape, colour and cuteness.

Liz said...

Beautiful card. I love the background you've created for the cute little snowman. xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Love seeing a tag on a card Nonnie and your tag card is absolutely beautiful. Your ombré is flawless and the colours are so beautiful. The pigment ink add so much interest to it. A perfect background for the cute snowman. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Beverley said...

Cute snowman and beautiful ink blending. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Joyce said...

So very pretty. Love the shape of your tag, and your amazing background coloring. The mini snowman is pretty darn cute, too.

Anita in France said...

That's such a gorgeous sponged and and splattered background, Nonni ... fabulous behind that oh so cute little snowman! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Great sponging; love those colours! And an elegant tag! Enjoy the sunday!

Pia S said...

I too have difficulty judging what's CAS or not, but I'd definitely put this one in the CAS category. I've been making quite a few clean cards lately, perhaps not CAS, but definitely clean and single layered too. Beautiful colors here.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Nonni. So sorry I've taken so long to somment, but I so love your wintery creation for this challenge. You inking is so wonderful on the tag - wonderful combo of colors, and that little snowman is so adorable nestled between the "h" and the "k" in "thanks". For what it's worth, it's CAS to me, but it's so true that that term is so widely interpreted! Happy New Year, and huge thank you for your wonderful holiday card. I loved it, and it's so nice to have in hand, something that was hand made by someone known from afar. I just love that. xx S

Jill V said...

This is so pretty Nonni - I love the colour combo that you used for the tag background - so wintery and wonderful! I would say that your card is CAS but everyone has their own definition of that term :)